Tuesday, 30 April 2013

More Creepy Gruesome Rhymes

This has grown legs!!! Mentioned my previous two rhymes on facebook to see if anyone recognised them - so far not - but a dear friend, Evelyn (long suffering partner of Mrs Boxesbellows.blogspot.com - aka the Happy Snapper) just sent me this one -IT IS SO GOOD - PIN BACK YOUR LUG HOLES (well, eye lids really, I suppose):

Little Willie was a chemist,
Little Willie is no more,
'Cause what he thought was H20
Was H2S04!!!

(NB. Had to ask my son, Angus what H2S04 was - he says it's sulphuric Acid - urggg!!!)

Here's another couple of creepy/odd ones that came back to me:

I do not like thee Doctor Fell,
The reason why I cannot tell,
But this I know and know full well,
I do not like thee Doctor Fell!

(Why? What the hell did he do?  Or did he just give off a creepy vibe?)

Lastly (for now anyway - I'm enjoying this)

Yesterday, upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today.
I wish that man would go away.

(googled that one - the wording isn't exacty right but darn close - and was written in1899 about a ghost).

No comments:

Post a Comment