Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Trying to be Disciplined

Well, going out was fun - coming in, however, proved rather bad for my health. There I was bending down to unzip my boots, as any good citizen would before retiring to their boudoir, when I smashed my face off the wash hand basin so hard I didn't have a hangover the next day - I had concussion, no I really did!  Oh, and my mobile phone turned up in the garden (?)..............hmm, maybe the moral is I should have stayed out.....maybe not.  Anyhoo - that's that nonsense out of my system for a few more months.

I'm trying a new thing re my writing: making myself sit down at the laptop for an hour minimum - no excuses about work load, or I'll do it long hand in bed (which is fine for notes but not the proper thing because when I go to transcribe I never follow what I've written anyway). Nope, I'm going to try being  disciplined to see if that stops me skiving off. 

It worked last night (first night of the new regime) I got my prologue down for Rise of the Dark Heart (take 1,000,000)  and lo, I was pleased with it.  So tonight, soon as I've finished this wee note, I'm moving on to introduce a very important new character: Egt Dreth Caill. And in a further effort to be more ordered, to inject some method to my madness, if you will, I am going to make Fridays - doing my other stories day.  I have a few unrelated short stories I'd quite like to bang out but haven't, and when I say bang out - I wish - dare say I'll take an age writing and re-writing them too :S

Right - I'm off to do this - "Lead on MacDuff and damned be he who first cries 'Hold! Enough'" - or something like that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment