Wednesday, 9 October 2013

"Put Another X on the Calendar. Summer's on it's Deathbed"

Twas a dark and stormy night....then a dark and stormy morning and then there were flashes of sunshine that looked embarrassed to have intruded and beat a hasty retreat to leave a dark and stormy day.

Winter is knocking at the door.  No more feeling guilty about not weeding; no more looking at the grass getting longer and longer; no more ticks on Sydney Biscuits (huh!) - no more excuses.  Actually, since last I blogged I have been quite productive: I've written a short story.  It needs a damn good tidying up and proofreading but hopefully, Two All - All For One might have some company on my kindle bookshelf before the end of the year.  I've also plotted Rise of the Dark Heart - that title isn't staying - it doesn't work.  So far I have some new characters, including Egt Dreth Caill - who isn't really new, Isidra and The Desolation; I've also got two opposing creation myths, oh and someone who is talked into believing that being described as a total wanker is a good thing.  Also some of the old gang are back - but just not all of them. 

As for sales - well, the free give aways have been good but I need more reviews to get actual sales going.  I know that some writers send copies to people who review books but that sounds terrifying. Especially as someone I know who did that got absolutely slated because the person they sent it to just didn't do the genre.  So I'm just going to sit back and hope some of the kind souls who have downloaded it, see their way to reviewing it.

The title of this blog is from a Panic! At the Disco Song called "The Calendar" from their CD Vices and Virtues

1 comment: