Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Me V Prog 11 - a running thing.

So now it's getting personal.  Did I mention I bought a treadmill just after Christmas.  I got sick of not getting out for a run because of the weather so I invested in a treadmill.  Nearly died when it arrived - it was enormous and our bedroom now looks like the flight deck of the Starship Enterprise.  Oh well. I love it - it's brilliant, and I was battling my way through the built in programmes without any difficulty and then I got to programme 11.

Programme 11 kicked my butt. Programme 11 thinks it's sooooo smart. I have subsequently done prog. 12, 13 and 14 and then I went back to 11 and it got me again...right at the end - it was either force myself and risk cardiac arrest (okay, not that likely, but it felt like it at the time) or press the dreaded red decelerate button and face defeat and listen to programme 11 laughing - yes, laughing - at me and my abject failure.

Well, I don't do treadmill Mondays and Tuesdays because I work all day, but tomorrow - I'm back.  I'm going to do 12, then 14 (13 was really boring) and then I'm going to mount that treadmill, get the programme button all the way up to 11 (wee Spinal Tap reference there) and I'm going to pound it into the floor, leave it for history and move on to 15.

Oh crap - just looked at prog 15 - 6.8mph for 12 minutes - in the middle - not even the end -the middle!? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!............I'm dead........................ :S

No comments:

Post a Comment