Saturday, 1 March 2014

Apparently I'm A "Cultural Capitalist", oh, and a Young Volcano :)

                                My son has just told me I am a "CULTURAL CAPITALIST"!!!!!!!

                                             A CULTURAL CAPITALIST!!!............

                   me?............. *sniff*............ that's what he said...........so harsh........
                                                 
                                                     so proud (of him).


No - okay- here's what it was, he was busy spreading  a horrible margarine product on his toast (it's only in the house because my husband keeps buying it; it's low calorie) and I....

[okay, let me just say,-  this is my fabulous hardcore Steampunk son, Angus, I'm referring to - he doesn't know he is "hardcore Steampunk" but he so is: he refuses to have a mobile phone; has a wind up watch ...okay that's it - so I'm hoping Steampunk rather than total Nihilist, but we'll see. He'll be lovely either way] scientific barrettes - he'd like those...

.                                                                                           .............commented on his choice of spread. and then he called me A CULTURAL CAPITALIST..............f*%&ing  bastard.......because I prefer actual, proper butter - no chemical, no fuss, rotten milk butter..............

HEY! DID I TELL YOU -  I'M GOING TO GLASGOW ON THE 22ND TO SEE "FALL OUT BOY" - MORE EXCITED THAN A 47 YEAR OLD HAS EVER BEEN   ( because I'm not just contemplating the grave or living totally vicariously through other people)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUNE:  Young Volcanoes..Fall Out Boy - because I can't not smile when it's on and I figure volcanoes are old so yeah - I'm a young volcano :)

2 comments:

  1. I think Angus needs to read http://www.marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/fr/bourdieu-forms-capital.htm

    Eh!

    As for fallenoverboy, shut it!

    ReplyDelete