Saturday, 17 May 2014

5K and "long live the car crash hearts"

Okay, all you seriously fit people, I know 5k is not very far and it's only 3.1 miles and yes, I can run much further and do so regularly, but I like the 5k Womans Cancer Challenge because it is such a friendly race.  All the walkers are cheering you on and clapping.  I even decided not to be a complete killjoy this year and wore the pink t-shirt....shhh...don't tell anyone.

Don't think I've ever felt so crap running though - sore back, dizzy at the beginning - odd - however I took about 6 minutes off my last time and crossed the line at 27 minutes, so I'm pretty chuffed. Thank you, beloved treadmill!

I just wish I hadn't felt the need to start singing at one point - yes - singing.  For the record, I was feeling good at that point and Fall Out Boy came on my ipod doing "Thriller" so I let rip, much to the surprise, I think, of the poor walkers on the other side of the road.  My apologies, ladies, for that particular crime against music. I do have a nasty habit of bursting into song when I'm running from time to time, although usually I am in the middle of a deserted stretch of single-track, and not while surrounded by many people.  Just as well I normally run alone.

So here's to next year and, in case you are interested...here's FOB and Thriller - not my version!

Byexxx 



  


No comments:

Post a Comment