Saturday, 31 May 2014

SHOUTING!! and SALVADOR DALI

So I've shouted many things at the children over the years: PUT THAT DOWN! TAKE THAT OUT YOUR EAR!! IS PEEING THERE ENTIRELY NECESSARY?! STOP SAYING IT DOESN'T HURT, OF COURSE IT HURTS, IT'S BROKEN YOU IDIOT!! (that would be to Angus...very high pain threshold), HAVE YOU TAKEN LEAVE OF YOUR SENSES?! (all of them - including my husband), WHO'S UPSTAIRS?! (that would be a Ciorstaidh one),  OH FFS!!! ( also Ciorstaidh, by text - many times),WHAT THE HELL MADE YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA??!!  (all of them) STOP IGNITING THINGS YOU AREN'T CONFIDENT WON'T EXPLODE (Angus).  But I just shouted something up the stairs to James (youngest) this evening that I wouldn't ever have imagined shouting at anyone.   If you said to me: list things you might shout, I wouldn't have listed it outside of my, say, top twenty shouting things and, verily, it was this:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T APPRECIATE A SALVADOR DALI WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE?!"

Well, that was a first.

See, said painting, below. It's on display at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum (Glasgow) but if you ask me, it was displayed much better at St Mungo's Museum of Religion (also Glasgow) when they had it.  We went to view it amongst other things when we were on our cultural trip to Glasgow recently, which happened to coincide with "Fall Out Boy" being at the Hydro.  And James didn't even remember it?! OH FFS!!!!

Christ of Saint John of the Cross.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment